Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall is Falling!

Hello Runners!

It is definitely fall. Temperatures are dropping, the Chicago Marathon is right around the corner, and New York won't be far behind. The Clarksville Half is only a month away! R3 is celebrating fall with an R3Halloween contest on Twitter. All you have to do is give a "tweet out" to the race you'll be running on Halloween (include #R3Halloween in your tweet) and you could win a pair of Mizuno technical running gloves!

I have always loved fall running. In my high school and college years, fall meant that the most important races of the season were finally within reach. In my post collegiate days, I have always focused on fall races. All of the hard work and miles I've logged during the dog days of summer finally pay off. Last year, I used these great fall days to train for my first marathon. It is a great time to run fast and a great time to get motivated. Life on the run is a lot easier when the weather isn't working against you.

I've had a couple of PT appointments. I was a little discouraged after the first (which involved "realigning my stack of bricks" and some ultrasound). Unfortunately, after about a mile of pain free running my leg started to feel the same as it has. It continued to hurt for the rest of the week too. The second appointment consisted of some more ultrasound and some stretching. I wasn't expecting much, but to my surprise I flew through four miles pain free. I haven't run in a couple of days because I was out of town and too busy (read lazy) to get any miles in. I am hoping for the best and have another PT appointment on Friday.

Keep it up!

Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment