Thursday, October 29, 2009

An argument really makes the miles fly by... and store happenings

Hello Runners!

R3 is having a Halloween sale this weekend. Nutrition products are 25% off! R3 is also filming a commercial Friday the 30th of October at 10 am. Stop by the store in your tights and you can be a commercial super star!

Had a fun run with Chuck last night. After a couple miles of normal conversation, we settled into a four mile debate about barefoot running. It was a little more heated than our usual conversations, but those miles flew by! I have been accused (on several occasions) of playing the devil's advocate. I'm not sure I do it on purpose, but it definitely happens. This time it happened like this...

Me: "Can you believe all this barefoot running talk?"
Chuck: "Actually..."

Then we went back and forth and back and forth and back again. Neither one of us successfully winning the other over. The debate ended with the run (until this morning when I emailed a little research Chuck's way) and we both settled down.

Had I run by myself it just would have been the same old run. But, instead it was actually a lot of fun. Whether we are joking around, arguing, or complaining, it is always easier to run with Chuck. That's actually true of most of the people I've run with, but these past two years have been filled with miles with Chuck. And most of those miles have been very good.

I guess the advice of the day is find someone to run with today, and then pick a fight with them...

Keep it up,

Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment