Saturday, September 26, 2009

My First Day at the Store, Sciatica, and More!

Hello Runners,

Today I am working at R3. Trying to learn the ropes a little. There is so much to learn about all the the shoes, and of course, picking the right shoe for the right runner. I'll be watching and learning mostly, and helping out as much as I can. I will be bothering my coworker with a lot of questions! We are having a sale on tights this weekend. 15% off. It's a good opportunity to pick some up before it gets cold.

I actually went to the ortho last week and got a few interesting results. First, I have sciatica. Which is actually what I thought it might be. After some x-rays, I was prescribed some prednisolone, and have a PT appointment for Monday morning. It's good to finally be doing something about it, but at the same time I think it won't be an easy fix. It was stupid to wait so long. I could be training for real right now. I could be planning for the Clarksville Half Marathon. Hindsight is 20-20. We runners always seem to be learning a lot in hindsight. We are all driven to keep going by unseen forces. Unfortunately, that drive usually pushes us past when we should realistically take a break.

The second thing I learned at the ortho is that I have an extra vertebrae. It isn't the cause of any of my problems, nor does it come with any extra benefits. Just a bit of Devin trivia.

Keep it up,

Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment