Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting into shape!


I think every woman in Clarksville is training for the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville. I just want everyone to know that no matter how good or bad it goes, You should never party this hard after the race!! But, I think it will be a pretty sweet event. I am even training for this myself, and I am really looking forward to making this a fun week. However, whoever said getting in shape is fun, was probably already in shape. I am not completely out of shape, but as I put on more mileage, I am seeing my body morph! Yes, I said morph.. and whether you have an extra 5lbs or 20lbs, when you see that dwindle a bit, you feel like a Rock Star and it is great. Makes you want to ensure you make your workouts, not make an excuse not to go and let it slip to all your friends.."yeah, I am running a little, training for a half-marathon, hehehe". You also start to see yourself trying to get everyone involved in the race. By now though, the pants that my father-in-law dried are now fitting and I am looking at calories, intake and all the non-fun stuff that goes with training. It seems what also goes with starting training again is any injuries that were not there before or may have been there in high school are back!!! Nothing major, so training is going well and I look forward to seeing everyone on the course. Rotary Park this weekend and Rails to trails this coming week!

Take a look at the website, www.r3running.com for all the new stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment